This policy and our whole management system approach is a direct reflection of the Cool Linen approach to sustainability and responsible business.
As a responsible corporate citizen, Cool Linen aims to act in a responsible manner at all times. We seek to conduct our business in a way which achieves profitable and sustainable growth whilst demonstrating a high degree of integrity, social and environmental consciousness.
We believe that this approach creates a source of competitive advantage for our business.
Our responsible outlook encompasses interaction with:
- Our marketplace
- Our environment
- Our community and
- Our people
The Cool Linen Management Team is committed to developing and delivering this Sustainability and Responsible Business Policy so that it is integral to the success of our business. This approach will open doors to new markets, opportunities and relationships, increase our competitiveness and profitability and demonstrate our continued commitment to sustainable development. Cool Linen will continue to promote fair and ethical dealings with customers and competitors as a matter of law and conscience.
Our Key Principles
Cool Linen is committed to the following environmental and corporate social responsibility principles:
- We manage our business with pride and integrity
- We are committed to full legal compliance in all that we do
- We aim to provide a safe, fulfilling and rewarding career for all our employees
- We shall operate an equal opportunities policy for all present and potential future employees
- We shall provide safeguards to ensure that all employees are treated with respect and without sexual, physical or mental harassment
- We shall provide, and strive to maintain, a clean, healthy and safe working environment
- We will promote equality of opportunity and diversity throughout our business operations
- We will seek responsible business practice within our supply chain
- We shall encourage suppliers and contractors to adopt responsible business policies and practices for mutual benefit
- Our contracts will clearly set out the agreed terms, conditions and the basis of our relationship
- We will operate in a way that safeguards against unfair business practices
- We shall demonstrate our commitment to quality and safety in every aspect of our business
- We will aim to have a positive influence within the communities in which we operate
- We will minimize our impact on the environment and promote good environmental practices within our supply chain
Our Duty of Care to the Environment:
Cool Linen recognises that the operation of its business has an impact on the environment and, as a minimum standard, will comply with current applicable legislation. We are committed to continuous improvement in our environmental performance, the prevention of pollution and to improving efficiency in the use of resources including energy, water, packaging and other raw materials.
We aim to:
- Fully comply with relevant legislation and compliance obligations
- Minimise the risk to the public from any acts or omissions resulting from the Company’s operations
- Have the necessary control measures in place to protect the natural environment
- Minimise emissions of noise, air pollution and waste products
- Ensure all employees have suitable and sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to act with due consideration for the environment
- Seek to ensure that contractors working on our behalf to meet with an equal standard of care for the environment
- Continually monitor the environmental impact of our operations.
In order to ensure that our aims are being achieved and exceeded where possible, Cool Linen will review the detail of this Policy annually and rewrite or correct it in the future in light of the environmental and corporate social responsibility developments at that time.
Cool Linen is open to sharing its achievements and current performance across the broad range of environmental and corporate social responsibility initiatives upon request.
The Managing Director has sponsored and is responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realise our environmental and corporate social responsibilities. The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with all employees throughout the Company.